Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) - Plymouth, MA
This treatment involves the collection of your blood (approx. 8-16ml). Your blood is spun down using a centrifuge to separate out the plasma and platelet portion using the separator gel as a special filter. The PRP portion of your blood is then injected back into your skin to stimulate new collagen production, and to re-energize your cells into rejuvenating themselves. The product injected is 100% your own blood by-product (autologous).
Features & Benefits
- Convenient Procedure: Takes less than 30 minutes.
- Better Patient Tolerance: Small volume of blood required.
- Best Value: High volume PRP yield of ~6 mL of PRP per 10 mL tube.
- Optimum Platelet Recovery: 87% ± 10%
- Consistent Platelet Concentration: Allowing for predictable performance
- Pure PRP: High-tech gel removes ~97.8% contaminating red blood cells
- No Foreign Components: Virtually eliminates the rise of adverse reactions
- Pyrogen Free
- FDA Clearance: 510(k) number: BK110035
Science & Data
As part of the body’s healing ability, platelets and other components in human blood migrate to the point of care. Platelets are well known to release numerous growth factors that respond to tissue injury and initiate and promote the conditions for healing. PRP™ is an autologous system that allows physicians to prepare platelet- rich plasma at the patient point of care. The platelet-rich plasma is optimally concentrated with minimal amounts of contaminating red and white blood cells. This system has been safely used in hundreds of thousands of procedures worldwide.